Thursday, October 29, 2009
I decided on Mandarin Oriental because it offers me the most interesting job scope. Shang's good too.. And I just got a call from a conference company which I applied on my own. It's gonna be paid! But I refused cuz again, Oriental offered me the best although it's without pay.
I realise that I am a very faithful person. In all aspects. I am not cut out for cruelty or selfish-ness. I could have turned my back on Oriental and went ahead with a bigger hotel. Yea, people might call me stupid but I believe in my decision. I know it very well in me that I chose this because they have time and again accommodated to my requests and I don't have the heart to call up and say: Sorry I got a better offer. Not me. Maybe not now.
I got tested again when the conference company called me up. And still, I stood by my decision, partly cuz I signed with Oriental already but my parents and sister said I should go for it cuz it's paid and it more stable. I was tempted but somehow, at the back of my head, I decided to not go back on my words. And I somehow have the feeling that this is the right choice for me.
The person's sincerity convinced me to stay on and sign the appointment letter. So I did. And from now onwards, I will not think back on the opportunities that have passed or have any "what if" in the later part of this job cuz I was given a choice and I made it.
Tomorrow..
Tomorrow..
I will start my work and put in my best..
PUSH KELLY!