<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/11710952?origin\x3dhttp://bittersweetdreams.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Saturday, June 14, 2008

I cannot believe what I was hearing.
A promising young man, who was so loved by everyone around him just left like that.
The Straits Times, the different newspapers, the media, they are all reporting about him - Clifton. He was someone who was always cheerful and smiling. Though I don't know him very well and we only exchanged a few sentences with each other, I cannot deny that I don't know him. I still remember him being in my cooking class back in TAS where we always had fun in the kitchen with the class. How sad that now he's gone, gone forever.

Isn't army supposed to take care of the men? How could this happen? Two deaths in a week? And I cannot believe that it's a friend of mine. I feel for his gf, his family, his relatives and all his close friends. When I was told about the news, I stood in shock, not being able to register it in my head, that a schoolmate of mine had passed away in an overseas army training. The person that the media's talking about is someone I actually know. Oh God, you broke so many hearts that day, how just one moment changes a million.

I went to his friendster and there were many comments about him, about his sudden departure and him being forever gone. The things that his friends have said about him... it's sad. But I know that he is now with God in a better place.
Rest In Peace, Clifton.
You will always be remembered.




1:53 AM