words of my own
Monday, March 17, 2008
Second week of holidays was good. Met up with the orientation committee to go through the program. I think our games are quite fun and I can't wait for the trial run where we get to try the games out ourselves. Had lunch with chestine at thai express in raffles city and we had a little chat about school and friends. I'm halfway in my first year and I already did something that I regret. I judged someone too quickly and I allowed myself to let what people say affect my judgement. I feel quite bad towards this girl in my class. Although there were some issues going on, at that point in time, she was the one who caused a lot of misunderstandings but now I realise why she had to do that. I kind of want to approach her with a heartfelt sorry but I don't know how to. She's now happily in another social group and I'm happy for her too. If I could do it again, I would have done in a different approach.
Met pearlyn in town and huiping joined us later. Did some little shopping and got myself another pair of shoes and belt. The reason why I said another pair is because I bought a similar one two days ago from m)phosis. But! the design is slightly different. Anyway, it won't hurt to have more shoes right. Bought amelia's 21st present, a wallet from Raoul and I think it suits her well. Oh yeah, I bought bubble tea and was cheated. You know when you buy bubble tea, usually the lady will ask if you want to add pearl right? Well apparently, she was playing around with words. Here how the conversation went.
Me: Auntie, I want honey red tea.
BubbleTea Auntie(BTA): Okay. Want to add pearl?
Me: Yes. How much will that be?
BTA: $1.80
Me: Wah, Auntie, got increase in price ah?
(The reason why I said that is bcuz I always buy the same flavour of bubble tea and I know it cost me $1.50. Not that I am being an ah-soh and I want to "kek-gao" about the 30 cents.)
BTA: No la, all along this price what. (she said in a very "duh" tone. So fine, I just took out my money and paid her)
When she handed me the bubble tea, it was HALF FILLED with pearls. Usually, you only see like one row of pearls at the bottom of the cup. That was when I realised when she ask me if I want to add pearl, she was meaning if I wanted to add extra pearl on top of the normal one scoop. So when I took the cup and showed lyn, she was like: wah, so much pearl! And the best part was..... The pearls sucked. It was so overcooked and so soft!! I hate soft pearls. Especially when there's so many. I don't know if I was drinking bubble tea or eating it. Apart from that downer, I wore my new shoes immediately when I bought it cuz my heels were quite slippery and it was rainy so I thought i'll change into the flats that I bought. And who knows, within 2 hours, I tore it..... I think it was the stupid pavement cuz there was a taxi in front and it didnt move for dunno wad reason so we had to walk around it and while walking around it, I tore my shoe. I hate taxi drivers (not solely becuase it indirectly tore my shoe.) I mean, I don't hate all of them but the reckless and impatient ones are really hateful. (I can write a whole complain article about taxi drivers but not today) Okay anyways, i went home with soft pearls in my stomach and a torn shoe.
Thursday, I went tamp mall with my mum to get an anklet for my nephew, the gold kind that they wear for safety or something like that. I bought two formal shirts that day too cuz I don't have many in my cupboard. Later we had teppanyaki for dinner, it was not bad but I went home smelling like soya sauce and garlic.
Friday, I met the boy and had dinner at his place before he went for bbq and I went to meet my uni friends for drinks at Emerald hill. Saw my cousin there too, such a coincidence. Didn't really like that place so we went Alley Bar instead, which was just a 30sec walk away. it was nice just chilling there and drinking and of cuz, we decided that such drinking outings should be minimised. Instead we head to somone's house and drink, much more cost saving. I find that prices for everthing are increasing, like petrol, ERP, fishballs(YES, fishballs! it was reported in the news), cab fare, GST, etc.. Darling him came to send me back home after his bbq, so happen I was about to leave when he called. I cannot be any happier when offers to send me home after an outing with friends. Something that I think is really sweet. =)
Saturday was spent with sickos. God blessed us with really good weather. We were still quite afraid that it would rain cuz we planned to go Sentosa for picnic. Thank goodness the weather was perfectly fine. We bought some stuff from ntuc before heading to sentosa. My brother told me that if I said I was going to the country club, I need not have to pay to enter. He bluff me. We all ended up paying $2 each. But luckily it was free parking so didn't have to pay any extra. After going through the many turns which made us feel like we were going Genting, we fianlly got to the correct carpark and took our stuff and started our sentosa day. We took the Luge down to Siloso Beach and we were so auntie can! With all the plastic bags and 3 bottle of 1.5 litre mineral water which cost us only $1.35 in total!(I could imagine the girls when they were buying the water. And on a side note, I found the 3rd sign of maturity - Auntie-nes. I'll explain more next time) SO, the Luge was fun, my first time trying even though I was in Sentosa studying for 1 whole bloody year and the Luge was just a 5 min bus ride away from my school.
You can picture the nice sun, the sandy but kinda dirty sand, the sound of crashing waves but the not-so-nice-and-clear sea, the cocunut trees that have no cocunut, the happy beach people that almost missed us a couple of times with their soccer ball(I swear I was going to be pissed if the ball hit me) and the little kids running arounf half naked, you thought we would talk about happy and carefree subjects but NO, we were telling GHOST stories and narrating GHOSTLY encounters!! Of all times and places right? But well, girls are random people okay, especially when you meet this group of girls called sickos. Evening came and we headed back to the car. Sat on the sky ride back and huiping was so funny. She screamed about forgetting to remove her slippers when she was about to get on that thing and she hurriedly took it off when it was going up. Of all the pictures we took on the luge, none of her eyes were opened fully. But honestly, it was a little high but the view was good. I wished it could have lasted longer, same goes for the Luge, I thought it was a tad too short.
Back in the car, we gave Amelia her present. I'm so glad she liked it and of all places why open present in car right? Cuz dear sharifah had to go off to another birthday and we deicded to do it in the car before dropping her off to take mrt. Parking was bad at vivocity but we managed to get a lot, however, we couldnt find the car after that. We had to walk all the way back to where we first came out from and slowly back-track. Pearlyn, I think if you were alone, you can forget about going home already cuz u surely cannot find your way around. Hurhur.. Ok the not so nice highlight of the day is dining at Doc Green restaurant. It was SOOOO BAD! Honestly, it was so horrible that I wrote some ways of improvement on the tissue and directed it to the chef. We slot it in the bill folder when we paid the bill.
Firstly, our ice water didn't come. Then lyn's soup came lukewarm and not hot. Thridly, the grape and orange garnishing tasted like cheese. Like wth, how can a nice tasting juicy fruit like grape turn into a soft, hot and cheesy taste and texture? Bad bad bad.. And the snapper fish came with a cheese taste as well. It wasn't supposed to be cheesy so I suspect that they use the same baking tray to bake my fish as they use to bake a pasta or something. The fish was supposed to be FILLET but it came with BONES and SCALES! It was super crap can! The chicken thigh, which is supposed to be the most tender of all, came out tough and dry as though it was put for overnight and it was baked again. The ribs was tough and yijun left it almost untouched expect for the first two bites. The ice tea tasted wierd and the sugar syrup was not really sweet. Also, Amelia's clam chowder turned out more to be carrot and tomato chowder. I left the place feeling so cheated and pissed. And I am NEVER EVER going back there again. HORRIBLE!
Later we went Mount Faber and we had a second round of the winding roads which made us feel like we were on the way to Genting. I did my first successful parallel park! I passed for 1 year plus already and I have never parallel parked before. I know I know, you must be thinking why so long then parallel park. Well, cuz I really cant judge very well and of all the times where I had to do parallel park, I'm always lucky cuz there are two empty lots which makes it easier for me to park cuz there's much more space. So there was about 10 cars waiting behind me as I parked the car. Luckily the girls helped me and I succussfully parked. Oh yeah, there was this stupid Honda Integra car that kept following me aroung Mount Faber. Like, need you follow so closely? You think that your "tiong chia" is so fast is it? Urgh. And what's with looking in at a car full of young, hot and pretty females and then driving off slowly? (heh) This kind of people irritating not? Irritating right! But anyhows, the view was great and we were distrubing the romatic feel of the place with our loud and auntie noises and our 10 mins of Beginners Canto Lesson. Didn't stay long and we decided to head over to my place for mahjong. But in the end, we didn't mj-ed cuz we were too tired. They left before midnight and Amelia stayed on for a while cuz she waited for someone to pick her but the first 5 mins of talking ended up in her delaying the pick up to 3 hours later. We just yakked and yakked and yakked. It was good.
I really like girl talks, like really really. Especially when amelia and I have quite a lot of things in common in our previous relationship. Quite an emotional night I must say and that three hours was really well spent. It's funny how as we all mature, our topics and mindset slowly start to adjust and our priorities start to shift to a more practical way. We always say we can't believe that we are getting older every year but subconsciously, our thinkings are. I loved the open talk. More to come okay? Hugs.
I couldn't have had a better Saturday. It's been some time since I had this much of a relax feeling. I think if I had to award the best group of friends, it would be sickos. I know our group name is not the best of a name but it is the best of friends that I can have. People that I can be so comfortable to tell anything to and can share so many things together. I think the best thing for a girl is to have really good girlfriends. I love mine.
Today was spent at my sister's place, my relatives came to see baby Ian. He's such a joy giver really. Me and my sister just laid on the bed and watch him sleep and we found ourselves yawning soon after. I left earlier to meet boyfriend. We went tamp to catch step up 2. I preferred step up 1 but I guess both are nice in their own way. Watching it makes me feel like becoming a dancer. Haha..
Okays, this is a long post already so I shall just have an abrupt end. Have a good week ahead people!
1:36 PM